tpop3d-devel

RE: [tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d hanging at prompt

From: Larry Chancy
Subject: RE: [tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d hanging at prompt
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:40:38 -0600

So far it seems to be some difference between RH9 and RH7.3 thats causing the
delay problem. The previous server was not having this issue, nor does the
other tpop3d server we have. I had to switch back to 1.4.2 because we were
getting complaints about duplicates, which had happened on the other server
before when we tried upgrading to the 1.5 series.

This is a Compaq Proliant DL380 with hardware raid(5) and dual 1.4Ghz
processors of which we currently have the second disabled to rule out the
possibilies of an SMP kernel or APIC problem. It is using Redhat kernel
2.4.20-20.9.

Our next step is going to be trying to scale back the kernel. Otherwise I fear
we may
need to revert to RH7.3 to downgrade other potential package conflicts (GLIBC,
etc.).

It only seems to be causing the issue with tpop3d, and when I am monitoring the
system with top the tpop3d parent process is still going to 99.9% fairly often
for a few seconds. None of the other processes are going above a few percent.

Let me kThis is a Compaq Proliant DL380 with hardware raid(5) and dual 1.4Ghz
processors of which we currently have the second disabled to rule out the
possibilies of an SMP kernel or APIC problem. It is using Redhat kernel
2.4.20-20.9.

Our next step is going to be trying to scale back the kernel. Otherwise I fear
we may
need to revert to RH7.3 to downgrade other potential package conflicts (GLIBC,
etc.).

Any alternate suggestions would be appreciated. I'd really rather stick with
RH9 if possible.

Thanks,
Larry