Re: Garbage in files written with tramp

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Garbage in files written with tramp
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:54:43 +0100

Vincent Bernat <address@hidden> writes:

> I  have tried,  this  works fine  with  very large  values. Even  with
> 100000. Moreover,  the problem  only happens for  one machine.  When I
> edit  remote files, I  don't have  any problem.  When I  use something
> like    /multi:ssh:otherstation:ssh:mystation:sudo::/,   the   problem
> appears too.

Suppose you're on host furby.  Are you saying that editing a file via

/multi:ssh:foo:ssh:furby:sudo::/

then there is a problem, but when you edit a file via

/multi:ssh:foo:ssh:bar:sudo::/

then there is no problem?

Oh, boy.  I have no good idea what might be the problem.  The other
problems solvable with tramp-chunksize seemed to be problems depending
on the local end.  Hm.

Kai