Re: Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:45:15 +0200

Nelson E Ingersoll <address@hidden> writes:

>    I cannot get TRAMP to complete the login sequence onto my Tru64
> system.  It does complete when I log onto a SunOS system.
>
>    When logging onto my Tru64 system TRAMP hangs at the "... Perl
> `mime-encode' implementations." line until I type a Ctrl-G.  No errors
> are displayed.  Came to the mailing list and poked around looking for
> help.  I found information about setting the 'chunksize' up.  So I did
> it.   Alas, I am still unable to get past the "Perl 'mime-encode'
> implementations'  I've set chucksize as low as 250 and as high as 100000.

But it sounds like a chunksize related problem. AFAIR, True64 target
systems have been reported to suffer from this problem, and sending
the mimencode Perl function is the first bigger string sent to the
target system; therefore the problem happens first here.

Best would be if you set

     (setq tramp-debug-buffer t
           tramp-verbose 10)

Then rerun your test, and submit a bug report via "M-x tramp-submit-bug".
Both buffers  *tramp/foo* and *debug tramp/foo* would be helpful for
analyzing; please provide them too.

Best regards, Michael.