Re: Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64

From: Nelson E Ingersoll
Subject: Re: Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:54:47 -0600

Kai Großjohann wrote:

> It is good that you have now found a value that works.  You seem to
> think that there is a size limit of 127 somewhere.  Perhaps that is
> not the case, and it is just a matter of time.  If you would like to
> investigate further, you could try to tweak the time it waits after
> each chunk.  With a larger wait time between chunks, it should be
> possible to increase the chunksize somewhat.
>
> Currently, it sleeps for 0.1 seconds between chunks.  You can find the
> sleep-for call in tramp.el, in the function tramp-send-string.  You
> can just go to that file, edit the 0.1 into something else (0.2,
> perhaps, or 0.5 or 1.0) and then hit C-M-x with point still inside the
> defun.  Then you can try again if a larger value of tramp-chunksize
> works.

  I performed this test.  Alas, unless tramp-chunksize is set to 127 the
connection hangs.  Even once the connection is made, if I change the
sleep-for value the "save" still takes 1-2 minutes to complete.  This
appears to be a Windows hang outwardly.  Control finally will return to
the window.  Any other thoughts or ideas?

- Nelson ...