Re: Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Hanging at mime-encode on Win2K -to- Tru64
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:39:53 +0200

Nelson E Ingersoll <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Nelson,

>    I would love to; however, there is no chance in this case.  I work at
> a semiconductor company.  Semiconductor manufacturers are one diagnosis
> shy of complete paranoia and this system is at the heart of that
> paranoia.  Alas me troubleshooting a problem with Emacs, which most of
> my managers would have difficulty spelling, is not high on the list of
> priorities.  <sigh>  Sorry.

That's OK, of course. I'm with a telcom company, and there's more or
less the same situation. I was only hoping to hunt this Tru64 specific
problem.

>    I will inquire if I can "borrow" a smaller Tru64 system and install
> it at my home where I could provide a login.  I will also look into
> other possibilities.

Thanks for the offer. Just one note: if you still want to use Tramp
accessing your Tru64 machine you might consider the "scp" method
(still with tramp-chunksize 127). This should give you reasonable
response time, because the file itself will be copied outside Emacs
process communication.

> - Nelson ...

Best regards, Michael.