Re: how to get bash_profile out of the way?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: how to get bash_profile out of the way?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:17:10 +0200

Rodrigo Amestica <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Rodrigo,

> I have updated to 2.2.5 and now it works better, but there is still
> one artifact. My prompt consists of two lines: path to current
> directory followed by a new-line character and then followed by the
> more standard 'VER address@hidden >' (whence VER is the value of an
> environment variable that remembers me my application version).

In the traces you have sent I see

Last login: Mon Jun  4 10:54:42 2012 from trauko.cv.nrao.edu

Hi Master! Welcome to comp1 (COMP).

PROJECTSW_RELEASE=SW-10.1
LINUX_HOME=/project/SW-10.1/rtlinux
RTOS_HOME=/project/SW-10.1/rtos
SWROOT=/project/SW-10.1/SWSW
SW_CDB=/home/isis/frodo/cvs/project/project2/COMP/HEAD/CORR/config/Simulation
SW_LOG_STDOUT=3
INTROOT=/home/isis/frodo/introot/10.1/COMP/HEAD
INTLISTROOT=/home/isis/projectmgr/INTLIST-HEAD
MODULES=/home/isis/frodo/cvs/project/project2/COMP/HEAD
MANAGER_REFERENCE=
lp -d RICOH-Aficio-MP-C3001 -o sides=two-sided-long-edge~

HEAD address@hidden >

The last line is as explained by you. But I don't see the "path to
current directory followed by a new-line character".

> I do not see my bash_profile salute anymore, but the first line of the
> command output is preceded (in the same line in the buffer) by the
> second line of my prompt, and F12 or mouse clicking would not work on
> it (e.g. when the command was grep).

Could you, please, produce new traces? Maybe with tramp-verbose set to
10, which allows more detailled analysis.

> thanks again,
>  Rodrigo

Best regards, Michael.