uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] Question regarding LQI and ED values [Update]

From: Eric Jennings
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] Question regarding LQI and ED values [Update]
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:24:04 -0700

On Aug 30, 2012, at 7:38 AM, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

>> I recall you once wrote anything is better than
>> this chip. In effect, we once did put a random piece of multistrand
>> wire in place of an unsoldered chip antenna and it worked wonder.
>
> Of course, any full-size antenna will be better, but the Zigbit's
> antenna is the best working *chip* (i.e., shortened) antenna design
> I've seen so far.

Is this the one you're referring to?  http://www.atmel.com/Images/zigbit_2.jpg

Does this particular design utilize the antenna diversity feature described
starting on page 89 of the rfa1 datasheet?

If so, it's curious to me that the Zigbit design would have two antennas so
close together, and use what I assume are identical chip antennas.  Would
having identical antennas that close together--even in an antenna diversity
setup--give that much better overall performance?

-Eric