Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:47:29 +0200

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 08:19:25AM +0300, Ognyan Kulev wrote:
> Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> >In fact, FSF polict _prohibits_ any kind of reference to non-free
> >software.
>
> I'm just curious: Let's imagine that in some way Debian forbids contrib
> and non-free sections in Debian GNU/Hurd port.  Will this allow linking
> from the Hurd site to Debian GNU/Hurd page?

There is no sense in asking such hypothetical questions, if for no other
reason than that it would depend always on details that are not part of your
hypothetical scenario.

If I might add that, the chances of that happening are basically zero.  They
are likely lower than the chance of Debian getting rid of contrib and
non-free entirely.  If you'd want something that works and would be easy to
endorse, then you'd have to create a derivative distribution that removes
all references to non-free software from Debian, and provide that on a
separate server.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden