Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:39:09 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:20:33PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:35:28PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> >
> > Just because someone with CVS access says he/she is going to commit it
> > does not mean that Marcus will approve.  He is still the web-master,
> > and makes the decisions.  I know that I won't commit any change unless
> > it has been approved by Marcus.
>
> Great. That implies you finally agree in linking to Debian GNU/Hurd. Here's
> what Marcus said:
>
>   "Ok, ok.  I am willing to have one web page "GNU/Hurd", it can even be the
>   first one, as a top level item above "The GNU Hurd" (or is it "The Hurd"?)
>   in the menu.  It can then link to various OS distributions of the GNU/Hurd,
>   which would be Debian GNU/Hurd for now."
>
>   (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/web-hurd/2003-08/msg00033.html)
>
> I'll send a patch.

Even I can be in error.  Above my judgement is still the GNU policy, which I
will honor.  I am not making a final call here, I am just pointing out that
between my will and intention and its application there are a couple of
other things that have to be taken into consideration.

As a general note, specific patches are always easier to talk about than
talking about the abstract.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden