Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:47:02 +0000

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:04:55PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > Could you be more precise on the second way?
>
> If someone approaches me with a finished solution and some rationale for
> what to do, I will know if that person put in the time to figure out the
> issues and decide for a good long term strategy when I see it.

I will try..

> Well, yeah.  Do you know if any of the distributions you listed are
> committed to only include free software?

It depends on what you consider "commitment". For example, do you consider
Debian to be commited to only include free software?

> I am afraid we will only be able
> to endorse those, although we might choose not to because of technical
> reasons (we might still link to them in the links section).

What technical reasons? Did you rather mean practical?

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)