Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:04:55 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 05:08:31PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:35:55PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> >
> > Your problem right now is that I am the one in charge, and I am ignoring
> > this issue right now due to lack of time and lack of commitment.  There are
> > two ways this can be solved: I get to it eventually, or somebody whose
> > judgement I trust approaches me and presents me a reasonable solution I
> > just have to rubberstamp.
>
> Could you be more precise on the second way?

If someone approaches me with a finished solution and some rationale for
what to do, I will know if that person put in the time to figure out the
issues and decide for a good long term strategy when I see it.

> Both Marco and Thomas seconded me on this, and the references provided by
> Thomas seem quite clarifiing to me. Please tell me what more do you expect.

In fact, beside your initial mail, Thomas' mail was the only one worth
reading in this thread, although he drew wrong conclusions from the information
he found.

> There are no patches yet. It makes no sense for me to write them in this
> situation.

Well, yeah.  Do you know if any of the distributions you listed are
committed to only include free software?  I am afraid we will only be able
to endorse those, although we might choose not to because of technical
reasons (we might still link to them in the links section).

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/