Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:13:39 +0000

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:35:28PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    "# The FSF will install only free software on the GNU/FSF web
>    server.  We prefer that only free software be used to develop
>    content for the GNU/FSF web server.
>    # The GNU/FSF web server only lists and links only to free
>    software. The software's source code and executables have to be
>    freely redistributable and modifiable to and by all people,
>    companies, and organizations. If in doubt, ask <address@hidden>."
>
> Finally someone with an idea, go ask address@hidden if it is ok to link
> to Debian's web site from the Hurd project web page.

Do it yourself. The guidelines are very clear and you're the only person here
who is "in doubt". So far the consensus in this list is that linking to Debian
GNU/Hurd is ok.

I'm tired of this silly discussion. Is anyone with CVS access willing to apply
my patches and fix this mess? Otherwise I'll just let the Hurd website to stay
with a broken installation path untill we have enough users complaining in
help-hurd and someone reacts.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)