GNU/Hurd section in webpages

From: Robert Millan
Subject: GNU/Hurd section in webpages
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:56:50 +0000

Hi there,

I was preparing to write a GNU/Hurd section for the website as Marcus
requested [1], with links to various GNU/Hurd distributions, including:

 - GNU 0.2 (obsolete, etc)
 - Debian GNU/Hurd
 - Gentoo GNU/Hurd
 - Bee GNU/Hurd

Then Alfred pointed out that the FSF policy discourages linking to sites
that distribute non-free software, which includes Debian, Gentoo and Bee.

I don't see where the Hurd website is going without linking to a Hurd-based
distribution in some way. Is there really a problem with that?

[1] http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/web-hurd/2003-08/msg00033.html

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)