Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd section in webpages
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:39:19 +0200 (MEST)

   Then Alfred pointed out that the FSF policy discourages linking to
   sites that distribute non-free software, which includes Debian,
   Gentoo and Bee.

In fact, FSF polict _prohibits_ any kind of reference to non-free
software.  From "Guidelines for Web Page Creation":

 No page on the GNU project web server should ever make any references
 to non-free software or non-free documentation.  This is VERY
 important.

   I don't see where the Hurd website is going without linking to a
   Hurd-based distribution in some way. Is there really a problem with
   that?

Yes, there is a problem with linking to non-free software.  As for how
the Hurd website will "go" without a link to a GNU/Hurd distribution,
I don't see the problem there.  The GNU Project is going quite well on
without a link to a GNU/Linux distribution.  And it has worked quite
well so far for us without a link to a GNU/Hurd distribution.

Cheers.