Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Privacy of the wesnoth-dev ML

From: David White
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Privacy of the wesnoth-dev ML
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:37:18 -0600

However I think it is simpler and easier if we limit
submissions to the ML to a certain list of people,
rather than trying to moderate every submission we get
from the public. That takes time,

The moderation would be at our discretion. That is, if no-one is available to moderate a post, then it doesn't make it to the list. Users who want to attempt to post to the list are notified of this.

and if we think a non-developer has good points, why not add him to the
list? Are there a lot of people we only trust to make
good/appropriate points half the time, and so we must
moderate them constantly?
Well, by participating 'sensibly' on the mailing list, someone could soon become a full member...

Certainly if we make archives public, I think we should allow 'read only' subscribers to the list. I'm happy with not allowing submissions from 'the public' at all, but I do think it's an idea worth considering.

David