Re: [Wesnoth-dev] WikiIdeas

From: Susanna Björverud
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] WikiIdeas
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:56:45 +0100

Hej allesammans,
2005-03-13 kl. 11.03 skrev Jordà Polo:

If we had a dedicated server, I would probably prefer mediawiki. But
this is not the case, and I think pmwiki is also a good option.

Anyway, we have to decide the future of w.w.o and w.s.i. If we are to
move w.w.o to a wiki engine, we could also migrate our current wiki, and
left the perl scripts on w.s.i.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it is worth moving w.w.o to a wiki
engine? And what should we do with the broken wiki?

While moving w.w.o IMO is a good thing, the most urgent matter to be handled is the current wiki. The current state of affairs is unacceptable. First of all, is Jaramir really aware of the degree of troubles we are having with it?

Would moving it to w.w.o meant that you would have more control over it? I presume it does mean that. Would the increased maintenance load be something you could handle? How cumbersome would moving it be?

As for choice of which wiki-engine, I have the utmost confidence in your ability to choose. Whatever you think is best. *smile*

But if the wiki is intended to be used as a replacement for both the current web site and the current wiki, a user registration system will be necessary, and IMO even some of the pages in the current wiki should only be editable by registered users, if not sysadmins. I am thinking especially of the manual.

This is something that should happen fast!

/Sanna