Re: [Wesnoth-dev] WikiIdeas

From: Jordà Polo
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] WikiIdeas
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:03:21 +0100

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:04:13PM +0100, Francesco Gigli wrote:
> * does the new wiki engine solves all problems we have with tinywiki?

Against spammers it has some cool features such as UrlApprovals, and the
more common Bl[o|a]cklists. It is also possible to require an 'Author'
field and register the IP addresses. And, as you can see[1], restoring
pages is very easy.

 1. http://www.wesnoth.org/pmwiki/Main/HomePage?action=diff

It supports plain authorization and has a plugin to enable user
authentification (it is planned to add this feature to the main pmwiki
soon).

No blocking of pages needed: pmwiki merges the changes.

Another good thing is that its development is very active, so if we
find a bug or any problem, we can always report it.

> * does the new wiki supports the same file format we are using and/or
>   support some kind of importation process or will we have to do this
>   by hands?

I don't know.
Which is the current format? And, isn't it (partially) corrupted?

> * is the new wiki engine easy to modify to adapt it to our needs?

Yes, I think it is.

> * do we have someone who knows PHP?

I know PHP.

Yes. See http://www.jexiste.fr/signup/offre2.php?clang=en