[Wesnoth-dev] Bugs with prestart events and with changing halos

From: Asa Swain
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Bugs with prestart events and with changing halos
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:32:35 -0700 (PDT)

Since the developers have been discussing things to
fix before v1.0 I thought I should bring up these two
problems. I am using 0.9.7 for Mac OS X. Looking at
the
changelog I don't think these have been fixed in the
CVS version.

1. Prestart event commands appear on the screen.

It is true that in almost all the scenarios in my
campaign the prestart event is hidden. But in one
scenario which I have been testing a lot recently, I
keep seeing the keep turn into a cave wall, a command
that occurs during the prestart event. I do not know
why this is happening with just this scenario.

To test this, you can download a copy of
the scenario and a saved game at:
http://asaswain.home.comcast.net/UTBS_test.zip

Just put the campaign and save file in the correct
locations and open the save file to test this bug.

2. Halo graphics aren't being updated

I've been experimenting with using halo graphics to
create units larger than one hex. Several times in the
scenario I want to change the halo graphics to update
the look of the creature. So I assumed that killing
the unit with the halo and then creating a new unit
with a new halo would work. I discovered that when you
kill a unit and create a new one the unit image does
get updated, but the halo does not. The new unit keep
using the halo from the dead unit until the new unit
actually moves. And I think if the new unit never
moves (for instance, if it is surrounded by cave
walls)
the halo from the dead unit never gets replaced.

If I save the game and then reload it, then the
correct halo is displayed, but it's not being updated
in the game. I've tried using [redraw] commands, but
they don't make a difference. If it is possible, I'd
love
for the halo graphics to be updated instantly when a
unit is killed or created.

Thanks for the help,

Asa

http://mail.yahoo.com