wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] OS X 10.2.6 compile error

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] OS X 10.2.6 compile error
Date: 23 Jul 2003 07:25:19 -0700

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 07:18, John Platte wrote:
> Something apparently broke whatever invoked wxpp (my guess, I could be
> way off). I deleted all the files that CVS didn't know about (the
> Makefile and .cpp's and .h's for button, caret, checkbox, etc.) and ran
> extconf.rb and make. I got this:
>
> address@hidden ~/packages/wxruby/src]$ ruby extconf.rb
> creating Makefile
> address@hidden ~/packages/wxruby/src]$ make
> make: *** No rule to make target `button.cpp', needed by `button.o'.
> Stop.

Yikes. That's really strange. Please take a look at Makefile and see if
it has a .t.cpp rule. Also, look at extconf.rb and make sure it has this
stuff:

File.open("Makefile","ab+") {|f|
    f.puts
    f.puts(".t.cpp:")
    f.puts("\truby wxpp.rb $<")

By the way, you can say 'make tclean' to delete all the .h and .cpp
files that are built from .t files. I still haven't figured out how to
get make clean to work properly.

Kevin