wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] OS X 10.2.6 compile error

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] OS X 10.2.6 compile error
Date: 17 Jul 2003 21:43:55 -0700

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 09:11, John Platte wrote:
> nothing.rb works perfectly.
>
> Commenting out the if...else...end block around set_icon fixed the
> "type 9" issue in minimal.rb, so it works perfectly now.

Hooray. So even the menus look ok, and function properly?

> treetest.rb comes up and closes cleanly...it just burps the following
> once the first time I try to click on its widgets:
>
> ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias
> of type (regR/carP/x!bt)

Urg. I have no idea what that means.

> It looks like nothing that needs to trap events within a window can.
> when I run etc/test.rb, a simple text editor, I can't get keystrokes to
> go to the program, they keep going to the terminal window instead. And
> the treetest.rb just flickers when I click on it, it doesn't respond to
> clicks. I can maximize, minimize, resize, and close wxRuby windows, but
> events inside the window itself don't seem to work at all.

Ok. What about if you add each of the following to nothing.rb, at the
end of MyFrame#initialize, (possibly one at a time if they cause
problems):

        evt_enter_window {puts('Mouse in')}
        evt_leave_window {puts('Mouse out')}
        evt_left_down {puts('Mouse down')}