wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] OS X 10.2.6 compile error

From: John Platte
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] OS X 10.2.6 compile error
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:25:53 -0500

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the hiatus.

Yes, button.t is in the directory.

However, I don't even get that far now. From a fresh cvs up -dPA I get...

[john ~/packages/wxruby]$ cd src
[john ~/packages/wxruby/src]$ ruby extconf.rb
creating Makefile
[john ~/packages/wxruby/src]$ make
g++ -fno-common -g -O2 -fno-common -pipe -no-cpp-precomp `wx-config --cxxflags` -I. -I/sw/lib/ruby/1.6/powerpc-darwin6.6 -I. -I/sw/include -I/sw/include -c -o app.o app.cpp app.cpp: In member function `void wxAppWithCallbacks::OnIdle(wxIdleEvent&)': app.cpp:39: aggregate `timeval wait' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
make: *** [app.o] Error 1
[john ~/packages/wxruby/src]$

What to try at this point? (Is everything on hold 'til the RubyForge move is accomplished?)

Also, someone with excellent Mac C++ background emailed me and may be interested in helping us get OS X support solidified...he hasn't committed to anything, but says he's interested. Just wanted to pass on the encouraging news!