wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Fwd: WxRuby - Mac OS X

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Fwd: WxRuby - Mac OS X
Date: 10 Aug 2003 09:27:05 -0700

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 14:47, John Platte wrote:
> Just got some great feedback from Craig Schofield. He gave me
> permission to pass this on.

Thanks.

> > - I had to add "#include <sys/time.h>" to app.cpp for it to compile.

Done.

> > - Something's wrong with "extconf.rb" or the makefile it creates,
> > because it didn't generate the ".cpp" or ".h" files for about a
> > dozen of the ".t" files.

We still need a "make" expert to figure this one out. It still works
perfectly on my Debian Linux system with GNU Make 3.80.

> > - The link stage died because it said it couldn't find the file
> > "ruby".  I noticed that the link command ended with "-lruby",
> > which I think (?) indicates the inclusion of a library named "ruby".

Under Linux, it causes 'libruby' to be linked in. Again, we'll need
someone who knows this platform and toolset to figure this one out. What
version (and "brand") of make, cc, and linker are you using?

Kevin