Re: [XBoard-devel] Internationalization proposition

From: A. Alper ATICI
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Internationalization proposition
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:09:42 +0200

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 07:28:56AM +0100, Daniel Mehrmann wrote:
[...]
> No, sorry. I think you don't understand how windows language support
> really works. We don't need gettext. Gettext is unix. I don't wanna unix
> ~   stuff into a real native WIN32 application.

It's YOU who does not understand, even give a shit about what list
correspondence is about. Tim has posted a normative statement on how i18n should
be done, and there he said:

<quote Tim>
The general plan is to use GNU gettext to do the internationalization.
See http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html.  We need to
internationalize both XBoard and WinBoard together, so Windows-only
solutions are not acceptable.  I believe gettext will work for both X
and Windows.
</quote Tim>

This post has been in the list archives for weeks, and assumes the point of
reference for this work. I've strived for a solution to meet that goal, and now
discuss for possible trade-offs because of the problems that have MANY times
been brought to people's attention. But you seem not to read, or read but not
understand - you decide which applies for yourself.

> [Copy of Visual Studio support files]

I don't need quotes from Win32 SDK, I don't care about your skills on
copy-n-pasting huge chunks of text, don't flood my mailbox please, thank you.

--
A. Alper ATICI
PGP key: http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0xB824F550