[XBoard-devel] Back From Hibernation

From: Mark Ioli
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Back From Hibernation
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:52:36 -0700

Now where was I...

I have the new installer which uses NSIS just about ready, I think when we're ready for 4.2.8 we can try it out. I'd like to upload what I have for 4.2.7 for you to play with as well.

I've noticed that when I compile WinBoard I get an executable that is about 995K, Dan, is this what you get? I'm not sure why the exe in the current distribution is so much larger, whether it's the compiler or what. Since Microsoft has made their compiler tools free for download, we should be able to use the latest one to create a much smaller exe, and thus a much smaller install file.

I uploaded a makefile in CVS that will work in VS .NET, just some minor tweaks, named it msvc7.mak. I've been experimenting with various IDEs that have CVS integrated, the latest I've looked at is Eclipse, which seems pretty slick, just have to get the C/C++ module working with the MS make tools.

All I can think of for now, Dan I'll play with the analyze stuff you made as soon as I can.

Mark