Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: schedule stuff update

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: schedule stuff update
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:28:59 +0200

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:28:18 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Okay, finally I've taken the time to test the latest 0.3. First, Kai,
> please stop holding your breath: it works with Python 2.2. Windows
> version compiles like a charm, after correcting a typo that strangly
> worked for others versions!

That's nice to hear. Now we only need to fix those windows fullscreen
issues.

> Of course, what you are probably curious to know about is the Zaurus
> results. Well, it's flawless. Remember the speed when I shown you
> during the meeting, with only two schedules activated? It's faster.
> You don't notice the slowdown when walking on the veranda anymore.
> It's not as fast as on a PC, but it's very very fast for this device.
> So now I'll concentrate on making the music work, with that fixed
> point vorbis library (I guess the quality will have to be dropped a
> little bit to make it playable), and hey! Waste's Edge 0.3.3 (I
> suggest we release the engine and the game under the same revision
> number) will support Windows and Qtopia! ^_^

Well, on my P200, it still runs fluently with slightly reduced music
quality (mono instead of stereo). Before I got jerky movement with music
completely disabled. Even the extro is in sync now!
Btw, I agree that both packages should get the same version number once
again.

> Kai, I can only say that you have rocked! Especially since I haven't
> been very active myself (real life has been taking me over a little
> but these last weeks). One thing: When pressing escape, the game
> stops, but the bubbles continue to appear as before. I suggested
> before not to stop the game at all, have you thought about it?

Yeah. It should be fairly easy after all. Just a slight update to
control.py, and it should be done. I'm currently looking into that. If
it works as expected, I'll commit stuff in a few minutes :).