Re: [Adonthell-devel] New code base released!

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New code base released!
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:39:05 +0200

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:12:46 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> I've removed it from src/gfx and src/input (which actually use it).
> There were multiple copies, as you noticed. I think it's better to
> keep it in base, because 1) it's a base fonction and 2) if another
> module on top of gfx or input would like to use dynamic loading, it
> would need not to include LIBLTDL. So I prefer to put it in base and
> say no one include it anymore.

Yeah, that'S better of course. Mine was just a quick hack to get it
compiling.

> Doing that on my box worked as well. But I don't understand why the ""
> version fails - a difference between "" and <> I am not aware of? Can
> you explain it if you know what is it?

Well, despite being a UNIX system it doesn't distinguish betwen
uppercase and lowercase filenames. With the "", our directory is
searched first and the wrong file is found. With <> the sytem include
dir is searched first and it finds the proper file.

> Ouchie. This seems to be less good. Don't have a clue personnally.

Well, I haven't tried any more yet. Perhaps I'll recompile Python and
see if works then.