Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake finalization?

From: Joël Vennin
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] CMake finalization?
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:49:27 +0200

Sorry for my silence, however I've got a weird problem this week. My modem has
burnt ! So I think I'm a bit "Maudit des couilles", I think Alex can
translate easily this nice french touch ;).

So I was disapointed, and it is why I've not touched my computer since this
crash !

So I'm back again, and I'll try to take a look at the stuff you have done this
week-end ;)

> On 9/28/06, Alexandre Courbot <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Still, it'd be interesting to list what is missing before we can
> > consider cmake as ready for "production". I've been noticing the
> > following things:
> >
> > - Dynamically-loaded libraries are named libsomething.so instead of
> > something.so (e.g. libsdl.so instead of sdl.so),
> > - Python wrappers are not installed,
> > - Versions of installed libraries/tools should be checked by cmake.
>
> - linker flags missing on OS X: -Wl,-undefined suppress
> -Wl,-flat_namespace; maybe others
> - data directory should be detected automatically, depending on system arch
> - linking on Win32 fails with undefined references ... need to dig in
> further, but it might be the case that for a dll, all symbols must be
> available when the dll is created.
Maybe my suggestion will be stuppid, however I think on windows we need to
explicit export symbol ? Right ? So it's why when one try to build a dll it
use the __delspec keywork, isn't it ?

#ifdef WIN32
#ifdef ADONTHELL_GFX_EXPORTS
#define ADONTHELL_GFX_API     __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define ADONTHELL_GFX_API   __declspec(dllimport)
#endif
#else /* WIN32 */
#export ADONTHELL_GFX_API
#endif

So when we compile the GFX part, we have to pass to the compiler
the -DADONTHELL_GFX_EXPORTS

And by example for a class inside the gfx part.
namespace adonthell {
        namespace gfx {

                class ADONTHELL_GFX_API surface {
                };
        }
}

Maybe i've missed something, but when one tries to play with windows DLL, we
to do something like that.

I wait your comments,

Jol