Re: [Adonthell-devel] Brief update on XML/CMake

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Brief update on XML/CMake
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:56:18 +0200

On 10/23/06, Andrew Sayman <address@hidden> wrote:

Welcome, Andrew!

What exactly are you trying to do with it? I have some CMake
experience and have been hunting for a way to contribute to this
project.

There are two things that sort of depend on each other:

1) build py_runtime as a shared library, instead of a module.
2) get win32 build working

The first part needs to be done for all architectures. Right now, the
source for py_runtime is generated by SWIG and gets build into a
module. But it really needs to be a real library.

This happens in src/py-wrappers/adonthell with all the actual Python
wrappers. However, it should probably go into a directory of its own,
like src/py-wrappers/runtime.

The second part is probably easy once part one is done. It mainly
requires to add the proper dependencies to all targets, one of which
is that py_runtime lib. I can do that, if you have no windows
available. If you do, you can try to follow the steps in the link
below to get a build environment going:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/adonthell/README.Win32?root=adonthell&view=markup