[Adonthell-devel] Collision fixes, rendering getting there ...

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Collision fixes, rendering getting there ...
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 23:04:22 +0200

Y'all,

I've just committed what might be a fix for the collision issue. I am
still thinking about returning to the old way and use relative
coordinates to keep the numbers small, but for now it'll do.

I also fixed a second bug (which unfortunately wasn't responsible for
the initial problem) in the collision stuff too.

The other open issue is the rendering, which also had some regressions
since alpha 2. I managed to improve it somewhat, but there are still
some glitches. I believe I know the reason (vertical vs. horizontal
tiles and their base points). Fortunately, all the information
required to treat those two differently should be there where it's
needed. I'll try to have a go at it tomorrow.

If all goes well, I think it's good enough for an alpha 3 release.
We've missed out on loading/saving of the map (and I had hoped we'd
get a couple more new graphics than those treeccoli ;-)), but at least
we have the map view in place, object grouping, world represented by
an octree and a few other changes too.

Enough to show that there is progress, and that's what counts :-).