[Adonthell-devel] Refactoring wished

From: Enrico Kochon
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Refactoring wished
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:48:09 +0200

Hi Folks,

seems there is very much activity, congrats. In my opinion, there is a
to steep ascend for initial development setup.
A few weeks passed since I tried to compile and so on, however I found
it not very convinient, as all the libs where to get installed before
development was possible. Imho, it should be more lightweight. Perhaps
only one local development directory should suffice. These deployment
stuff (automake etc.) is great for making packages for distribution, but
it shouldnt be necessary in this scale for fast development.
I would like to contribute, however this barrier hinders me a lot.
Sorry for my complain, I want to know, which opinion the others have. If
there were a consense, I would like to try a lightweight
build-environment. This discussion is not about tools, only about
manageability.

Best regards,
Enrico