Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:11:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, David!

> I've got the new version from CVS.
>
> This gets further (no error message) except ...
>
> I don't have automake, autoconf or autoheader found on the machine and
> (thus?) it does not generate a makefile.

What? It looks like it's my fault. I touched the "missing" stuff recently.

Please report the error messages. It is very important.

And don't ever assume that something is required unless the documentation
clearly tells you so. Automake should _NOT_ be required to install and
test Autoconf.

I would also appreciate if you could explain why I decided that Automake
is required. I guess there may be errors in the diagnostics or in the
documentation that mislead you.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin