Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: David Morgan
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:17:06 -0700

Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Hello, David!
>
> > checking for a BSD compatible install... //1/tmp/autoconf/install-sh -c
> > checking whether build environment is sane... yes
> > checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> > checking for working aclocal... missing
> > checking for working autoconf... missing
> > checking for working automake... missing
> > checking for working autoheader... missing
> > checking for working makeinfo... missing
>
> What a relief! I thought I really had messed up something.

As I said I wasn't sure.

> > checking for gm4... no
> > checking for gnum4... no
> > checking for m4... /usr/local/bin/m4
> > checking whether m4 supports frozen files... yes
> > checking for mawk... no
> > checking for gawk... no
> > checking for nawk... no
> > checking for awk... awk
> > checking for working help2man... missing
> > checking for perl... no
> > configure: WARNING: autoscan will not be built since perl is not found
> > checking for a BSD compatible install... //1/tmp/autoconf/install-sh -c
> > creating ./config.status
> > creating tests/atconfig
> >
> > Would you like the config.status as well or should I turn some sort of
> > debug logging on?
>
> You still don't show me the problem.

You see exactly what I see at the end of the configure there is no Makefile.

> Is config.status run by configure?

It appears to be as running by hand just produces:

creating tests/atconfig

> Do makefiles exist after that?

No

> What happens if you run "make"?

No makefiles so this doesn't do much good.

> What happens if you run "make check"?

See previous comment :)

Sorry I may seem not to be responding to your questions but I am not aware at
what point makefiles are generated.

Looking at the output of sh -x ./config.status it appears the problem is that
only test/atconfig is processed.  I will try and see if I can find out why.

Regards
 David