Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: 20 Oct 2000 09:58:25 +0200

| Eureka, quotes! Could you please test this construct:
|
| if $ac_need_defaults; then
|   : ${CONFIG_FILES="$config_files"}
| fi

No, this is not good.  I removed the quotes on purpose.

2000-02-10  Akim Demaille  <address@hidden>

        * acgeneral.m4 (_AC_OUTPUT_CONFIG_STATUS): Don't
          : ${FOO="$foo"}
        but
          : ${FOO=$foo}
        Since Ultrix will also assign the quotes to FOO.
        Reported by Harlan Stenn.

David, what is your shell?  It is seriously damaged :( This behavior,
this *silent* behavior is incredible.  What's your environment?

BTW, there is something I don't understand too well: you already sent
some check.log, didn't you?  But how did you manage to have it run
properly last time?  Or maybe I imagined you did.

Anyway, since it seems we have to go to safety, we will have to move

test ${FOO+set} = set || FOO=$foo

        Akim