Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite

From: David Morgan
Subject: Re: Success (mostly) with the testsuite
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:28:48 -0700

Pavel,

There are no error messages - that is the problem.

I was guessing I needed automake as AM macros are in the configure.in
I was not certain it was needed.
I am not certain the missing stuff is causing the problem either.

After all that uncertainty:

config.log reports no problems and config.status is generated.

The following is the output of the run:

checking for a BSD compatible install... //1/tmp/autoconf/install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... /usr/local/bin/m4
checking whether m4 supports frozen files... yes
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for working help2man... missing
checking for perl... no
configure: WARNING: autoscan will not be built since perl is not found
checking for a BSD compatible install... //1/tmp/autoconf/install-sh -c
creating ./config.status
creating tests/atconfig

Would you like the config.status as well or should I turn some sort of
debug logging on?

Regards
 David