RE: GNATS needs some work (autoconf/59)

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: RE: GNATS needs some work (autoconf/59)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:43:46 -0500 (EST)

> > I'd like to advise you that it would be fair not to support non-UNIX path
> > separators on the build system. Autoconf doesn't pretend to support such
> > systems.
> Then what's the point of supporting DJGPP, OS/2 or Mingw32 (which autoconf

I understand that Mingw32 is supported with the Cygwin's shell (bash or
/bin/sh). I don't know the status of support for DJGPP and OS/2.

> DOES pretend to do)? DJGPP can pretend to be unixy when it comes to pathseps,
> but ONLY inside bash (granted, that's where it will matter most, but using ':'
> because bash can handle it would break if used inside perl/m4/whatever).

Since the test is run by bash and not by something else it may be very
tricky to determine the path separator unless you have perl/m4/whatever.

Well, maybe if you try ";" first it should work.

Regards,
Pavel Roskin