RE: GNATS needs some work (autoconf/59)

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: GNATS needs some work (autoconf/59)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:39:55 +0100

> > DOES pretend to do)? DJGPP can pretend to be unixy when it comes to
> > pathseps,
> > but ONLY inside bash (granted, that's where it will matter most, but using
> > ':'
> > because bash can handle it would break if used inside perl/m4/whatever).
> Since the test is run by bash and not by something else it may be very
> tricky to determine the path separator unless you have perl/m4/whatever.
What I meant was that we would want to use the discovered value in relevant
places in the build scripts (for example, when setting the path for the tests
in the testsuite). But if we found ':' because DJGPP's bash happens to support
it, some of those scripts may still break, as they wouldn't necessarily be
shell scripts (and might support only ';').