Re: Spam, Bacon, Eggs & Spam (was: Re: yada $1.4M yada)

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Spam, Bacon, Eggs & Spam (was: Re: yada $1.4M yada)
Date: 07 Apr 2001 19:52:01 -0400

%% "Tim Van Holder" <address@hidden> writes:

  >> In fact I'd hope most such new lists will be set up so that only
  >> subscribers may post freely to them.

I find subscriber-only lists annoying and elitist, and I don't subscribe
to them.

My company explicitly rewrites all my email so that it comes with a
different From and Reply-To than I want to use to receive my mail.
There is nothing I can do about this.

This makes is difficult or even impossible for me to use subscriber-only
lists the way that I want to receive mail.

  tvh> It seems likely things will move to savannah.gnu.org soon enough;
  tvh> with the forums, bug tracking, etc. available there, I'm not sure
  tvh> if the mailing lists are still needed.

Savannah doesn't support forums; the site explicitly says they're not
needed since we have mailing lists.

I agree with them: web-based forums suck compared to mailing lists.  I
wish more SourceForge groups would use mailing lists instead of forums;
the forums are annoying in the extreme.

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools