Re: Conditionals in CVS Automake

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: Conditionals in CVS Automake
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:47:29 -0600

Akim:

Ok, I hand-edited the Makefile.in's to add -c to the rule
that makes libtool *.lo objects, then reconfigured.
But the original problem exists in your patched version.
I'm looking into the differences between the Makefile.in's in
libtool's demo directory and I've noticed that the CVS
version has EXTRA_PROGRAMS defined twice, one with $(EXEEXT)
and one without.
  The following are two lines from CVS Automake Makefile.in

@address@hidden = dlmain.$(OBJEXT)
helldl_OBJECTS = $(am_helldl_OBJECTS)

If @BINARY_HELLDL_TRUE@ is expanded to "#" then there is no
definition for $(am_helldl_OBJECTS), but it is used throughout
Makefile.in.  Does any of this set off alarm bells?

Robert