Re: Automake (alpha) release request

From: Brian Dessent
Subject: Re: Automake (alpha) release request
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:06:45 -0800

Sebastian Pipping wrote:

> Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> > The license update can simply be temporarily reverted back to v2 (with
> > FSF approval).
>
> I'd like to see that as well but I doubt it will happen.

It's not politically feasible since official GNU projects are supposed
to reflect the GNU project's philosophies.  I seem to recall that there
was a mandate that all official GNU projects were expected to use v3 for
any releases past some date (2007-07-31?) which means reverting to v2 is
not on the table.  But I could be misremembering.

Brian