Re: rhel8 test failure confirmation?

From: Nick Bowler
Subject: Re: rhel8 test failure confirmation?
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 15:14:47 -0500

On 2023-03-01, Karl Berry <karl@freefriends.org> wrote:
> Does anyone have access to an RHEL 8-based machine? Alma Linux, Rocky
> Linux, original RHEL, or even (sort of) CentOS 8? It would be nice if
> someone could run a make check there (from automake dev).
>   git clone -q git://git.savannah.gnu.org/automake.git
>   cd automake
>   ./bootstrap
>   ./configure && make >&cm.out
>   make -j8 VERBOSE=1 check keep_testdirs=yes >&ch8.out
> (choose whatever -j value you like)

  % cat /etc/redhat-release
  Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.0 (Ootpa)

  % uname -r
  4.18.0-305.10.2.el8_4.x86_64

I ran it twice, the first time out of my user directory (NFS), with no
failures, the second out of /tmp (XFS), with one failure:

  FAIL: t/remake-aclocal-version-mismatch.sh
  [...]
  Testsuite summary for GNU Automake 1.16i
  # TOTAL: 2935
  # PASS:  2808
  # SKIP:  87
  # XFAIL: 39