Re: [avr-chat] "Proper" programmer for Linux ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] "Proper" programmer for Linux ?
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:42:14 +0200

Juergen Harms <address@hidden> wrote:
> This looks like an old issue. I will check what my reply button does,
> can you check what address your mailer puts into the reply-to field?

it/I don't put anything in this field. When sending a message to a
list, I just fill the "to:" field with the lists address.
Then people can either hit "reply to list", or "reply to" to answer
privately. I think that's how mailing-lists work ;-)

> I do not know any more where thunderbird puts the raw message - and times
> of /var/spool/mail are long gone.

I don't use thunderbird, but I seem to remember that Thunderbird didn't
have a "reply to list" button, which didn't help. That was with
Thunderbird 1.x IIRC, but TB 2.0 is out I think, which maybe fixed this
problem. So the safest way if you use TB, is to double check what TB
puts in the "to:" field when you reply to a message ;-)

> And my fingers did it again ...

Yeah noticed... it's a disease he ?! lol ;-)

--
Vince