Re: [avr-chat] Using insight ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Using insight ?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 00:04:27 +0200

Vincent Trouilliez <address@hidden> wrote:
> How does one configure/setup insight for use on the AVR ?
>
> Is there any well known on-line resource about this ? I googled a bit
> without compelling success...

Problem solved... was a compile time option it appears, needed to
reconfigure and recompile.

It loads my AVR program nicely now and even shows mixed source/assembly,
I am in heaven, but when I click the "Run" button, it pops up the
"Target Selection" dialog, requiring me to choose one of:

Remote/Serial
Remote/TCP
GDBServer/Serial
GDBServer/TCP

I don't have a JTAG ICE at my disposal, I just want to simulate/debug
on the computer, but none of the above options look like it to me :-/
Looking at Insight's help files, it seems I should specify "Simulator"
as a target, but unfortunately it's not in the list, and it won't let
me type it in manually either...
I do have simulavr installed, in case that's relevant. Does Insight
require manual intervention to make use of simulavr ?

Regards,

--
Vince