Re: [avr-chat] "Proper" programmer for Linux ?

From: Jason Stahls
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] "Proper" programmer for Linux ?
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:29:59 -0400

The Dragon works quite well in debugging :)

Jason

Matthew MacClary wrote:
I got my AVR dragon from Digikey and it works great for both JTAG
programming and ISP programming. I have not yet tried any debugging,
but I can recommend it for programming. The relatively small size and
USB connectivity is convenient because you can attach it to your
computer with a long USB cable and readily reach distant AVR chips.

Note that the Dragon uses 6 pin ISP, not the 10 pin ISP that is also
common. I needed to made a cable to connect to 10 pin programming
headers that I already had built into projects.

-Matt