RE: [avr-chat] µC/avr crypto lib

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] µC/avr crypto lib
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:20:00 -0600

Note that in my original post I also mentioned GPL+exception, which is the
license of libgcc (that comes with the compiler). Others (in the past) have
pointed out to me that this is different from LGPL. As, I guess, the LGPL has
some other issues with it as well that make it non-ideal. Having a library
licensed as GPL+exception ensures that any changes to the library remain open
and free, but that it can be linked with proprietary applications and those
applications can remain proprietary.

I'm certainly fine with that choice, and it provides a win-win situation (IMO).
The crypto library would see a lot more traffic in that case, and, assuming
that the validation is complete, I would then be interested in perhaps
including it in WinAVR.