Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is th

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is the question !
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 06:13:00 +0100 (MET)

Vincent Trouilliez <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have just noticed that there exist a 1284 in DIP package !

Careful: that's /not/ called ATmega1284 but ATmega1284P.  You should
have learned now that these letters might make a difference...

> So that's even better (I am limited to DIP packages), ...

Curious, why are you limited to DIP packages?  I find them
unpractically large.

> Unfortunately it appears neither Farnell nor RadioSpares sell
> them.

I haven't seen an ATmega1284P in DIP yet at all.  I've seen a few in
TQFP (e.g., they are on the RZRAVEN kit), but it's possible they
aren't in full production yet.