Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is th

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is the question !
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 00:30:42 +0100

Uwe Bonnes <address@hidden> wrote:
> In many european countries, if you order from (country).digikey.com, no
> shipping charges apply for orders over 65 Euro. Import duties should only be
> your local VAT, as you pay for any other order.

Yep, I purchased my AVR Dragon from the French Digikey website
precisely to avoid import duties, all went well until UPS delivered
the parcel to me, andasked me to pay twice the price for the AVR Dragon,
in import duties ! So what's the point of having a "French" Digikey site
if French customers still have to pay import duties ?

I refused to pay the import duties, so UPS sent the dragon back to
Digikey, then a month later UPS asked me to pay a fortune of overseas
shipping charges eventhough they told me I would not have to pay for it
because I refused to take delivery of the good and therefore was not
mine legally. Then 2 months later Digikey, out of nowhere, asked me to
pay 20 Euro or so for the return shipping fee from UPS, eventhough I had
already paid them to UPS direct. Result: spent 100++ Euros for a 30
Euros Dragon, and I still have no Dragon.
So my first experience with the pseudo "French" Digikey was not that
good...

--
Vince