Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is th

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is the question !
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 23:21:33 +0100

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:27:32 -0600
David Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:
> DigiKey are nice guys (and gals). If they have stock but only a listing
> for full "tubes" it doesn't hurt to ask. Atmel doesn't ship singles to
> DK, its DK who breaks the bigger packages into smaller.

Good to know ! :-)

Sadly ordering from Digikey is extremely expensive due to their
prohibitive fees (18 Euros), plus overseas shipping cost (30 Euros) plus
outrageaous import duty charges (40+ Euros).
Paying nearly 100 Euros for a 5 Euro part is extreme :-/

That's why in practice I am limited to Farnel and RS/RadioSpares, since
these are the only two large resellers that sell in the "Euro zone",
meaning no import duties and free shipping.

That said, if you can order a couple 1284P for me from Digikey and send
them cheaply to me in an anonymous looking enveloppe so as to defeat
the import duty guys... it might cost me only 30 Euros in all, instead
of 100, which would make it much more acceptable to my banker ! ;-)

--
Vince