Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is th

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATmega644 : dual USART... or not dual usart.. that, is the question !
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 09:13:52 +0100

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 08:41:30 +0100
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Why not use an SD-card?
> http://www.captain.at/electronic-atmega-sd-card.php

I did/do consider it. It's just that I have never used SD cards before.
>From a distance, they appear a bit "high-tech" to me (though I
understand they feature a simple SPI interface ?), whereas I am more
familiar with old-school Flash chips, so I tried to go this route
first. But since this is proving more and more of a dead end sadly, I
will have no choice but turn to SD cards. I just hope they are not (too
much) more work to read/write than Flash chips already are
(page/bloc mess, long writing times, long and funny command sequence
to get them working...) :-/
I guess it's time I go hunt the 'net for some SD card datasheet to see
what's involved exactly... crossing fingers it's not too
difficult/overwhelming, mmmm...

--
Vince