RE: [avr-chat] Why 8051?

From: King, Mike
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] Why 8051?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:48:18 -0500

>> Why would one choose an 8051 based microcontroller for new
>> designs?

> The only reason I can think of is if the designer, or software engineer, is
> unable or unwilling to choose another processor and/or learn new tools for
> another processor.

That's what I thought.

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: ...

> This notice is meaningless since you sent this message to a public mailing
> list.

Our mail server automatically appends that message to all outbound messages.  I
cannot turn it off.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is
confidential or proprietary to K&L Microwave, Inc. Any unauthorized review,
recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message.