Re: [avr-chat] Strange problem with ATMega32A-PU

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Strange problem with ATMega32A-PU
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:37:21 -0400

Royce Pereira wrote:

Searched the ATMega32A-PU data sheet. No 'CDIV' found.

OK, but Dave did write "I seem to recall ...", so he's just pointing you in a direction, not giving you text to search for in the data sheet. Look in Section 8, System Clock and Clock Options. You will find that indeed the ATmega32(L/A) parts are shipped with the clock divided by 8, just as Dave said.

Atmels migration from M32 to M32A document says nothing about any fuse etc.

That's because there's no change here. Maybe Dave wasn't suggesting that there's a change, but rather that there's more to bringing up an ATmega than loading the program. Perhaps you should compare the fuse settings for the parts that work and the new parts, that don't.

I am suspecting a case of bad ICs.  I'm awaiting delivery
of a couple of M32A's from another source. Will try
those & update the list.

I think that would be great. I hate it when the OP does not post the outcome.

Graham.